How To Maintain Healthy Diet?
What is a Healthy Diet? How can I measure if my diet is healthy or not? What if I eat healthy food all day and still not weak? Is maintaining a healthy diet really a boon at the later stage of life?
You may have infinite number of questions but there is an answer for each one of it.
Habits to keep you healthy:
According to reports there are five basic habits that everyone should adopt to maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle.
- Maintaining a healthy diet: What is healthy diet? A diet which contains maximum amount of minerals and vitamins and a less amount of fats can be termed as a healthy diet. For ex- including fruits and vegetables in your diet will increase the amount of vitamins going in the body. Eat less non-vegetarian and more vegetarian food as non-vegetarian food is high in fats. Eat more home-made food and less outside food. Lower down the sugar level.
- Regular Exercise: Hitting the gym every day? Doing cardio? Doing aerobics? Running? Skipping? “Naah, I am a lazy bear”. If you are a lazy bear then in no time you will be like a bear only. Rather than just sitting on the couch, eating chips and watching shows, better get up and do some exercise. Exercising on a regular basis has a lot of benefits like maintaining a healthy body weight, lowering the risk of several diseases, helps in keeping muscles and bones strong, and many more benefits.
- No smoking: Do you smoke? “Yes, but I am not a chain smoker.” Sounds cool? Maybe but definitely its not cool. If you are a teenager or in your 20’s then smoking may seem cool to you but most definitely its not. There is no good amount of smoking; the only good amount of smoking is no smoking.
- Staying in BMI: BMI? Body Mass Index. A healthy BMI is between 5 to 24.9. It is calculated with the help of your body weight and height. Staying in a healthy BMI is a plus point.
- No Alcohol: Many people think that drinking a little alcohol is not dangerous but in reality, it is. Alcohol can be a root cause of many cancers and most importantly it is considered to lead to increase in belly weight which is not healthy. So rather than limiting the amount of alcohol intake better stop its intake.